In this training you’ll learn about using the website platform WordPress. It covers what you need to have in place before you get started as well as the basics of WordPress itself. You’ll walk away from this tutorial with the knowledge you need to build your own business website.
During this training we’ll cover:
- the pros and cons of choosing WordPress as your website platform
- hosting and domain names – what are they, where to get them and how much they cost
- the WordPress dashboard and it’s basic settings
- themes – what are they, how to choose one, where to get one and how to install it on your website
- plugins – what are they, how to install them, and my recommendations
- how to start building your website
I’ve included a copy of my Winning Website Starter Kit which is a 16 page PDF download which summarises what is covered in this training. It also includes information that I didn’t have time to cover during this training including tips on what content to include on each of your webpages and a few tips on effective design. You’ll also find a separate PDF with a glossary for the technical terms I use in the video as well as some useful links.